Did you enjoy your Childhood and Teenage in a proper manner........?!

Java Script

www.afsalalif.blogspot.com

Saturday 17 September 2011

Ras Malai - A Sweet Indian delicacy -

            "Anything sweet a morsel, after a sumptuous meal makes us happy and healthy."
    well, that's what I feel and believe for the last 25 years since I started enjoying the flavor and tang of tasty foods.
 I do this posting in memory of the Ras Malai that I happened to taste yesterday from the downtown from a Hyderabadi sweet shop. After having the awzum dessert, I came home and googled about the Origin and recipe of the dish and discovered that it was a modified sequel of the much- known Rasgolla.
 Though Rasgolla originated somewhere in Orissa, Ras Malai started off from the old city of Calcutta by a confectioner named Krishna Chandra Das in the year 1930. It resembles the Rasgolla as it itself is a creamy, white or yellow coloured balls (often flattened ) of Paneer (cottage cheese ) soaked in sweet milk cream called Malai which also is sprinkled with ingredients like Cardamom,Badam,Pistachio and a li'l bit of Saffron.


        Aji Ras Malai......Aapke Liye, Itni Mithai......Aapke Liye, Pehle Joote......Khayenge Kya ,  Aapki Marzi           Na Ji Tauba Na Ji Tauba...Na Ji Tauba.......! ( lyrics adapted from the song - Joote do Paise lo from the movie Hum Aapke Hain Kaun ). It is from this song which I came to know about this sweet Indian dessert for the initial time. Also I would like to reveal that I love this wonderful dessert as much as I love my all time favorite Gaajar ka halwa or the Carrot halwa which is good in taste as well as in nutrition.

No comments: