Did you enjoy your Childhood and Teenage in a proper manner........?!

Java Script

www.afsalalif.blogspot.com

Thursday 16 December 2010

Yeah itz me the same old Guy after an awzum break......(Vacation) !

The Woods (Kerala ) were lovely dark and deep
but I had promises to keep.........
So I had to come baack after a break.
So I'm baack here in Jeddah....ooops !
I would like to resurrect a thousands words abt  the so called 'Gods own County or Country
with an additional 'R',as the penultimate letter,which doesn't make much difference........!
I was able to visit only two of the prime cities of Kerala within my congested One month of vacation.
Both starts with the letter 'K' and both the cities are blessed with beautiful and dazzling backwaters.
Yez, its Kochi and Kollam( My home town).I didn't find much difference in these two cities.
Though I landed in Trivandrum Airport, I wasn't able to explore the city which i wished to....but
didn't get a chance.Baack to Kochi and Kollam. Being my Dad's hometown I had my Eid-ul Adha
this time in Kochi with my paternal relatives and had my Eid salaah (Prayers) at the view of the Splendid
Marine drive Eid Gaah.It was an awe-inspiring experience for me at the Eid-Gaah as i was able to meet
much of my relatives,friends and my old-time buddies there after the Salaah.Also I got the chance to enjoy
the charm of the daashing back-water of kochi at Marine drive.
Later we visited the much talked about castle in Edapally,Kochi - "The Oberon Mall" with my Kinz 'nd cousins .These days, all the Jangoes and Yo-Yo's ( I mean the Young freak-outs and buddies who wish to
catch others attraction ) goes to this mall in Kochi in spite of going to Veega-land or any other esplanades.
So we had a tremendous and destructive moments there playing X-games and a sumptuous feast @ the end.
I wished to order pure vegetarian as i have been messed up with all the bloody chickens,beefs and the bash-
ful fish for almost two weeks frm the time I landed on the moon (.....Sorry, I mean  my native province- Kerala) Aw !

You can juz view some of those moments in You-Tube through- the following link .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBh1eXD2Nqg

I should say that Kochi's backwater is really charismatic as it creates a sense of nostalgia in me as i had
the fortune to have my boisterous boyhood in Kochi. Even the mashed-up roads in Kochi makes me nostalgic.Yes, the two things that remains the same like the late 80's of Kochi are the Serene backwaters and
the guttered inland roads.( My visit to Kochi helped me to discover that the Kochin PWD is the worst and the slapdash department in South India - the current condition of the inland roads says that......).

Back in Kollam - Visited all of my relatives,two of my uncle's rennovated and newly-built houses and also the marvellous beach of Kollam with my friends. The Key thing which I noticed as I cruised thru Kollam was that the value of everything just doubled within a period of One year.
Tea - Rs 4  from Rs 2, Fresh Carrot Juice - Rs 25 frm Rs 12 , Uzhunnu Vada or Banana fritters - Rs 4 frm Rs 2 and the price of the thing which made me cry is that of the Majestic Apple Juice - Rs 40 ( incredible ).

After hardly 28 days of time, I had to say bye-bye- or Ma'-salaama to my family and Companions.

The Incident which made me proud as a Keralite on my trip back to Jeddah via Dubai in Emirates flight was the acrobatics and the pandemonium created my some drunken passengers from Trivandrum.They had heavy drinks on-board. Some of them even fierced at the Air-hostess' and Stewards as they warned them for walking rashly thru the aisle when they were supposed to sit on there respected seats.
As soon as the flight landed on the run way, One drunken Malayaalee jumped upon his seat and shouted at anothen drunken co-passenger -"Arrest him, he is the real culprit - he created all the mayhem on-board".
The Steward came on to the spot and said to him - " Sorry, I can't do that, b-coz- I'm not a Police-man" !

2 comments:

Fathima said...

looks like you had a great time back home! Visiting home is always fun.... don't know whether I should say the last incident was funny... I had a similar experience during one of my flights back home.... the flight was from Dubai to TVM and really felt bad for the mess that some of the malayalee guys did in there after drinking! the policeman part does sound funny though...

Afsal_ Alif said...

yeah,Indeed the flight from Dubai to TVM seems always to be a menace as the Emirates Stewards are always cheerful to provide as much as beverages the passenger aspires....( And the Malayaalees are always in greed of it !)